Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Team Mentors

The Go! St. Louis Team is lucky to have three great mentors on our team this season.  Andrea, Heather, and Kristen will be helping with fundraising -- they have some great tips!  Here are some individual notes from each mentor:

Andrea:  My name is Andrea. I was new to TNT in 2012 with the St. Louis Rock N Roll Team. Leukemia Lymphoma Society has impacted my life personally , and I wanted to give back to this organization to help beat blood cancers! My dad was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, stages II and IV in 1996.  Because of research and funding for drugs like Rituxan by this organization, he just had his port removed on 12/14/2012, and is "cancer-free"! 

I want to help make these outcomes possible for anyone that faces a blood cancer! I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you this season and to helping you exceed your FUNdraising goals! 


Heather:  My name is Heather and I joined Team in Training for the 2011 Chicago Lifetime Triathalon after my mom was diagnosed with Lymphoma. Her last treatment was in December 2010 and she has returned to full life. The diagnosis hit the family hard, especially after seeing mom's sister struggle with cancer for years  before it took her life. I decided that I would participate as a way to honor my family and to raise awareness for others. As a benefit I was able to meet a team full of wonderful people who have become close friends. I am returning this year as a mentor and participant for the GO! half marathon. 

Kristen: My name is Kristen Raetzloff and I joined Team in Training in 2011 for the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon. I was very moved by the entire experience. I loved the whole team oriented enviroment and couldn't wait to sign up for another event. 8 years ago I lost my uncle to Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and have wanted to do something to honor him and others who are battling blood cancers. That is what intially brough me to join TNT and I haven't regretted that decision.  This time I am doing it a mentor and participant in the GO! 1/2 marathon.  Running for a cure, one mile at a time! Please visit my FUNdraising page and see how you can help!
 
Thanks Mentors for sharing your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment